Illinois Federation for Right to Life
2010 Illinois Primary Election Page—Surveys
What you need to know about the candidates before you vote.
Office of Governor and Lt. Governor
1) Would you sign a law that would prevent abortions, other than to prevent the death of the mother?
2) If it were not possible to pass such a law, would you sign a law that would prevent abortions, except those to prevent the death of the mother, when the pregnancy is the result of forcible rape, (immediately reported to law enforcement agencies), or when the pregnancy of a minor is the result of incest, (with the perpetrator reported to law enforcement agencies)?
3) Would you sign a law that would prevent the use of abortion as a means of birth control?
4) Would you sign a law that would prevent abortion for sex selection?
5) Would you sign a law to require parental notification before abortions are performed on minors?
6) Would you sign a law to require parental consent for abortions on minors?
7) Would you sign a "Woman's Right To Know" law requiring that doctors provide information on the development of the unborn child, alternatives to abortion, and medical risks of abortion before an abortion is performed.
8) Would you sign an educational program to provide information about the development of the unborn child and about alternatives to abortion?
9) Would you sign a law to get government out of the abortion business by preventing the use of state facilities to perform abortions not necessary to prevent the death of the mother, and to prevent state employees from performing, referring or counseling for abortions, other than those abortions necessary to prevent the death of the mother?
10) Would you sign a law to prevent the use of tax payer funds for abortions other than abortions to prevent the death of the mother?
11) If it were not possible to pass the law in #10, would you sign a law to prevent the use of tax payer funds for abortions other than abortions to prevent the death of the mother, when the pregnancy is the result of forcible rape (immediately reported to law enforcement agencies), or when the pregnancy of a minor is the result of incest (when the perpetrator of the crime is reported to a law enforcement agency)?
12) Would you veto the establishment or funding of "school based clinics" in secondary schools, unless they are explicitly prohibited from performing abortion counseling or referral or referring to any entity which counsels for, or refers for, or does abortions?
13) Would you sign a law to protect living human embryos from being used for medical experiments that would harm or kill them, including so called “embryonic stem cell research”? That would require the killing of human embryos?
14) Would you sign a legal prohibition on all human cloning, including the cloning of human embryos?
15) Would you veto legislation that would permit the cloning of human embryos but require the death of each such embryo by prohibiting his or her implantation in a woman’s womb?
16) Would you support legislation that prohibits the use of public funds, property, or credit to support cloning technology to initiate the development of new human beings at the embryonic stage of life for any purpose?
17) Would you sign legislation that would protect the lives of infants born alive as the result of an abortion?
18) Would you sign legislation that would establish a task force to study the link between abortion and breast cancer?
19) Would you veto any ERA (Equal Rights Amendment), unless it contained explicit “abortion neutralization” language?
20) Would you veto the marketing of "RU 486" for abortions in the state of Illinois?
21) Would you veto the dispensing of Plan B Emergency Contraceptives commonly referred to as the “Morning After Pill” without a prescription?
22) Would you veto any legislation that establishes a “bubble” around medical facilities or any facility that performs abortions that prevents peaceful pro-life sidewalk counselors from speaking with and providing information to women entering that facility?
23) Would you be willing to use your Executive power to issue Executive Orders advancing the pro-life cause?
24) In 1991, Oregon approved a health care rationing plan for its Medicaid program. The primary basis for denial of treatment is the expected degree of disability or medical need, or poor "quality of life" it is claimed a patient would be likely to have after treatment. This is a form of involuntary euthanasia. Would you veto any legislation in this state that, like the Oregon plan, would impose rationing that intentionally denies treatment on the basis of disability, degree of medical need, or "quality of life" of those denied treatment?
25) In 1997 Oregon legalized assisted suicide. Would you sign a law to prevent "assisting suicide" by allowing relatives or others affected by an attempted or completed suicide, as well as public officials, to sue the person who "assists" for civil penalties (money damages)?
26) Would you veto any legalization of lethal injections or other measures to kill an innocent person or to "assist" in committing suicide, or "active euthanasia"?
Remember to Vote in the Illinois Primary
on the new date: February 2nd, 2010!