Illinois Federation for Right to Life
2010 Illinois Primary Election Page—Surveys
What you need to know about the candidates before you vote.
1) In the event that Roe v Wade is overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court, would you support legislation that would prohibit abortion, except in cases where every effort to save the life of both mother and child has failed?
2) Would you support ratification of an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would restore legal rights to the unborn child and prohibit abortion, except where every effort to save the life of both the mother and child has failed?
3) All unborn children are deserving of protection regardless of their health, sex or circumstances of conception. Legal exceptions allowing abortion for fetal deformity, rape or incest deprive innocent unborn children of their civil rights. Would you support legislation that protects these vulnerable children as well as opposes attempts to deny them their right to life?
4) Would you support legislation requiring that women receive written information about abortion risks and alternatives, child development, etc., with a 24 hour waiting period?
5) Would you support legislation requiring parental notification before abortions are performed on minors?
6) Would you support legislation requiring parental consent before abortions are performed on minors?
7) Would you vote for a "Woman's Right To Know" law requiring that doctors provide information on the development of the unborn child, alternatives to abortion, and medical risks of abortion before an abortion is performed.
8) Would you vote for an educational program to provide information about the development of the unborn child and about alternatives to abortion?
9) Would you vote for a law to get government out of the abortion business by preventing the use of state facilities to perform abortions not necessary to prevent the death of the mother, and to prevent state employees from performing, referring or counseling for abortions, other than those abortions necessary to prevent the death of the mother?
10) Would you vote for a law to prevent the use of taxpayer funds for abortions other than abortions to prevent the death of the mother?
11) Would you vote for a law to prevent the use of taxpayer funds for abortions other than abortions to prevent the death of the mother, or in cases of rape or incest, if a law with only the life of the mother exception could not be passed?
12) Would you vote to oppose the establishment or funding of "school based clinics" in secondary schools, unless they are explicitly prohibited from performing abortion counseling or referral or referring to any entity which counsels for, or refers for, or does abortions?
13) Would you vote for a law to protect living human embryos from being used for medical experiments that would harm or kill them. This would include so-called “embryonic stem cell research” that would require the killing of human embryos?
14) Would you support a legal prohibition on all human cloning, including the cloning of human embryos?
15) Would you oppose legislation that would permit the creation of human embryos for research, knowing that they are created only to be destroyed?
16) Would you support legislation that prohibits the use of public funds, property, or credit to support cloning technology to initiate the development of new human beings at the embryonic stage of life for any purpose?
17) Would you support legislation that would protect the lives of infants born alive as the result of an abortion?
18) Would you support legislation that would establish a task force to study the link between abortion and breast cancer?
19) Would you vote to oppose any ERA (Equal Rights Amendment), unless it contained explicit “abortion neutralization” language?
20) Would you vote to oppose the marketing of "RU 486" for abortions in the state of Illinois?
21) Would you vote to oppose the dispensing of Plan B Emergency Contraceptives commonly referred to as the (“Morning After Pill”) without a prescription?
22) Would you vote to oppose any legislation in this state that would impose rationing that intentionally denies treatment on the basis of disability, degree of medical need, or a third party’s evaluation of "quality of life" of those denied treatment? (A form of involuntary euthanasia).
23) In 1997 Oregon legalized assisted suicide. Would you vote for a law to prevent "assisted suicide" by allowing relatives or others affected by an attempted or completed suicide, as well as public officials, to sue the person who "assists" for civil penalties (money damages)?
24) Would you vote to oppose any legalization of lethal injections or other measures to kill an innocent person or to "assist" in committing suicide, or "active euthanasia"?
25) Would you vote to oppose any legislation that creates a “bubble” around medical facilities or any facility that performs abortion that prevents peaceful pro-life sidewalk counselors from approaching and providing information to women entering that facility?
Remember to Vote in the Illinois Primary
on the new date: February 2nd, 2010!
Click here for this Survey’s Reponses (Illinois Representatives / Illinois Senators)